Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blogging and the Winter Solstice

Ok, so I've decided to finally blog here more often. And to actually give out the address to family and friends, so they can read it!

This was prompted by two things. The first being a recent visit by Corby's family from NZ - wouldn't this be a great way to keep them in the loop of what we're up to once they head home? The other reason being that I use my journal at RP as more of a blog anyway and this would leave it for what it's meant for.

This of course means getting it together and trying to be more 'organised'! The dreaded O-word. Something I am not very good at, I admit it freely. But I am going to try harder.

Coming up this month is the Winter Solstice. I don't really have anything concrete planned but thought it might be great to get the neighbours together.

We will light a fire out the back (weather permitting) which is always fun. I will make a cake and each child can light a candle and make a wish for the year to come. Perhaps some paper lanterns would be good too. Will have to do some googling for patterns. Spiced warm cider?