Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday is Art Day!

It was the last day of the Creative Journalling course today. We only had four people turn up but it was still great.

Over the term, we have done quite a few different projects. Board books, painting, stamping, fabric and a project that was about celebrating the everyday things in our life. I had quite a few different ideas but the common theme was Nature, so I went with that.



This photo doesn't capture the 3-dimensional aspect of this piece very well but you get the idea. It is textured and has pieces attached that I collected over a month of 'daily life'. Shells, beads, pebbles, etc.
I still have things to do on it, including adding the poem which relates Nature to the viewer as I perceive it.
Trying to capture Nature in any medium is a challenge.